WHMCS is the heart of many hosting companies, it is the billing and support manager and it is the software that essentially automates their business. Yet even with a critical security exploit being released less than one week back there are so many installations using outdated, vulnerable versions.
So, what is the best way to keep WHMCS up to date? Softaculous. We provide Softaculous with every shared and reseller server and is free to use. If you initially installed WHMCS via Softaculous then you should be set already, if you didn’t then you would need to import your installation into Softaculous to take advantage of its benefits.
- Log in your cPanel control panel
- Locate and click on the “Softaculous” icon
- Find the “WHMCS” page within Softaculous which is located under the category “E-Commerce“
- On the WHMCS page look in the top right corner for the “Import” button and click it
- Enter the directory where your WHMCS is located (Example: If it is located at example.com/clients you should enter clients)
- Click the “Import” button
Your WHMCS installation should now have imported itself without a hiccup, you will now have the ability to manage upgrades, backups and more from within Softaculous.
Looking for quality web hosting, reseller hosting, VPS or Dedicated Servers? Check out EZPZHosting.co.uk